She makes her own drapes. He built his own deck. They assembled a henhouse and collect their own eggs. He designs furniture. She painted their whole house. What do you buy them? Why, practical things, naturally.
- Leatherman multitools let them take their tools to-go.
- A shiny new toolbox will come in handy for everything from craft supplies to that new doodad collection.
- Books can be tools, too. Give your DIY fan a book or two on how to do something new, and watch their eyes light up with the joy of anticipation.
- Depending upon their projects of choice, gift cards to Michaels, Home Depot or their local hardware store will always be appreciated.
The Man’s Man
Whether he’s rugged and outdoorsy or sporty and fit, you want to give this guy a gift that he’ll appreciate and enjoy. Not to worry! There is something here for every kind of man.
- Shaving kits are an increasingly popular gift, with The Art of Shaving leading the pack.
- A gift card to Cabela’s or REI is a great gift for the outdoor lover who, let’s face it, can never have an arsenal of manly toys big enough to suit him.
- Beer-brewing kits put the power of brewing the perfect beer in his masculine hands. Beer kits also do triple duty as a gift for the DIYer and the Foodie!
For your style savvy friend, one of the best things you can do is give her a timeless item that she can wear over and over. Some terrific ideas are transitional pieces that can help her go from winter to spring, or classic items that will withstand the test of time.
- A vibrant scarf in her favorite color and a medium weight silk will look beautiful year-round.
- An ageless watch is an elegant and enduring gift with a practical streak. Consider a classic Fossil or Timex design – there are choices for every budget.
- Not sure what she’ll like? Gift cards never fail to please. Kohl’s and Sephora are excellent options, while H&M and Forever 21 will be well-loved by the younger crowd.
TIP: Guys like fashion, too. If the fashionista on your list happens to be male, trade the silk scarf for a wool one and everything still applies!
This personality thrives on all things flavor and texture. They are constantly trying new recipes and dragging their friends around to the best restaurants.
- Satisfy their craving for exciting new recipes with a new cookbook. Consider one specializing in an ethnic cuisine like Thai or Indian, or consider gifting a Happy Herbivore cookbook to your friend who has expressed an interest in more health-conscious cuisine.
- Serving dishes are always appreciated, and help your foodie to show off their new and favorite dishes.
- A gorgeous apron in a rich color or texture will be treasured both for beauty and practicality.
Depending on the child’s age, whether he or she is 3 or 30, there are some timeless, thoughtful gifts that they can enjoy now and into the future.
- Wood building blocks are a tactile pleasure for everyone from toddlers to adults.
- A classic book set in a genre that suits the recipient, such as The Hobbit, Calvin & Hobbes or even Harry Potter, is something the little reader can come back to year after year.
- For the worldly child, a subscription to Little Passports is a fun and engaging gift that they can anticipate every month.